The largest alliance of independent insurance agencies in the Northeast recognizes leaders in the industry
HAMPTON, NH ⦁ May 13, 2019: Satellite Agency Network (SAN) Group, Inc. recently presented its awards of excellence to exemplary insurance industry professionals during the group’s annual meeting held May 1, 2019 at the DCU Center in Worcester, MA. Over 400 insurance professionals attended the event.
“These independent agencies have excelled at inspiring others and growing their businesses while making a strong community impact,” said Matt Masiello, SAN President and CEO. “We are pleased to recognize these professionals for their outstanding work, as they set a great example for all of us.” Among the highlights:
The SAN President’s Club Award was presented to The Insurance Source of Keene, NH. Agency President and founder Cheryl Belair accepted the award. The President’s Club Award is given to an exceptional, top-performing SAN member agency that is showing dedication, consistent growth, continuous education, superior customer service, and a cooperative working relationship.
Matt Masiello presented the award, sharing that, “Cheryl started the agency 35 years ago in her living room with zero clients, cold calling people in her community and quickly growing to an agency serving thousands of clients. The Insurance Source is one of the original SAN Members, having joined over 34 years ago, and the SAN/Insurance Source relationship is a great example of the long-term business and personal relationships that we strive for at SAN and now SIAA nationally.”
Belair said, “Our customers are the folks we see in town, at the grocery store, the movies, the restaurants. We need to treat them the way we would want to be treated with kindness and dignity because we will continue to run into them outside our office walls.”
Belair is actively involved in the Keene community. She is a former board member and current member of the Greater Keene Chamber of Commerce, a current board member of the Keene Elm City Rotary Club, on the Board of Directors for the Keene Family YMCA, and volunteers with the Monadnock United Way. She continues to be involved in many fundraising events in the community, including the Keene Elm City Rotary’s signature event, “The Clarence Demar Marathon.”
The Outstanding Community Service Award was presented to The Insurance Outlet of Laconia, NH and was accepted by agency President Chris McCarthy. The Outstanding Community Service Award highlights leadership in community service for the independent agency that makes significant contributions through volunteering and outreach in their communities.
“SAN Group honors those who go above and beyond to make significant contributions to their communities,” said Frank Waters, Chief Operating Officer of SAN Group. “We appreciate all The Insurance Outlet has done to benefit others across the Lakes Region of New Hampshire.”
Waters said The Insurance Outlet sets a great example for more than 370 member agencies that are part of SAN Group.
The Insurance Outlet opened in 2009 and the agency impacts many local families as McCarthy and his agency:
- serves on the board of the Santa Fund of the Greater Lakes Region, providing winter gear for more than 600 children each year
- supports local youth by sponsoring the Belmont T-ball team every year since 2009
- sponsors Pub Mania Benefit for the Children’s Auction, Lakes Region Young Professionals, the local Rotary Car Show, Laconia Muskrats collegiate baseball team, and other Chamber events
- sponsored Fusion’s Annual Bowl-A-Thon to benefit the Greater Lakes Region Children’s Auction
- competed in the Dancing with the Lakes Region Stars to benefit local charities
Other award recipients included:
- Scott Behrent of Merchants Insurance Group for Company Professional of the Year
- Michael Esposito of Accent Financial Group & Insurance Services in Highland, NY for Business Insurance Advantage Agent of the Year
- Pearl Insurance Agency in Harmony, PA for Rookie Agency of the Year, and
- Tranquist Insurance Group in Wallingford, CT for AccessPlus Agency of the Year
Pictured above in header image (left to right):
- Ashley Wilson of Pearl Insurance Agency with Matt Masiello
- Michael Esposito of Accent Financial Group & Insurance Services
- Chris McCarthy of The Insurance Outlet
- Cheryl Belair of The Insurance Source
- Scott Behrent of Merchants Insurance Group
- Ashley Tranquist of Tranquist Insurance Group with Matt Masiello
Read the press release on AgencyChecklists.com, 24 May 2019 (scroll to the bottom)